Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Altered Dominoes

It feels nice to have got over little one's party - its something that you make lots of preparations for (stressing yourself out in the process) and then get relieved when its finally over.  To me it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, until the next one that is, and for me that will be January next year. 

So, its back to 'proper crafting' and today I decided to have a go at altering some dominoes:

It's not something I've done before so I looked up how to do it on the internet and I found this excellent tutorial which I followed a bit. 

I'd managed to get some cheap dominoes from a charity shop for £1:
and found the only two colours of alcoholic inks that I have, denim and terracotta. 

Great colours! I put a few drops on the felt applicator and dabbed them onto the domino.  They react against each other, its fun to watch:
I made four (see above picture)
and then decided that I would colour the edges with Gold Rub 'n Buff:

I also added some gold to the front of the domino too:
Lovely effect!

I didn't stamp over mine because I didn't want to cover up the pattern but I will assess them in the morning and see if they need anything 'extra.'

See you tomorrow,
qwiksave


4 comments:

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

Thank you for this post - I got a box of dominoes a while ago because I liked the idea of altering them, but didn't have a clue how to go about it ...... now I know. Wooooo hoooo. They look gorgeous.

PepPop said...

They are gorgeous - they remind me of geodes. Mmm what you gonna do with them next? Jaqui x

Carmen said...

Gorgeous colours. Love what you've done.

Nicky Stevenson said...

Glad you liked them. I haven't done anything extra to them yet, I still like them as they are.

x

Related Posts with Thumbnails